Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Preparing...

Hey All,
This is Courtney posting and as Ashley mentioned we are both peer instructors for the class NAU 100. The Fall of 2009 was my first year doing it and part of my teaching involved the book Enrique's Journey. This is a true story of a boy who travels to America to find his mom. After reading this book, my perspectives on a lot of things changed. I soon learned of an opportunity to travel there and be able to learn their culture and take part in building a couple houses.
I'm so thankful to all the people that are supporting us in this so Ashley and I decided to start a blog. We may not get to post very often, but we will try our best to keep you updated as much as we can! Well it's time for me to go pack and finish last minute stuff. The nerves are finally hitting and I can't believe we actually leave tomorrow!!! As Ashley mentioned, our flight takes off tomorrow night at around 11:30PM and we will arrive in Honduras around 11:30AM the next day.

Adios,
Courtney*

1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney! Hope you have a great trip. This is a really cool opportunity you're getting, and I can't wait to hear how it goes! --Cara P

    ReplyDelete