Sunday, August 1, 2010

looking back

Well I am still trying to catch up on sleep, luckily the time difference between Honduras and the U.S. is only an hour. So I was thinking about the reflection paper that I have to write about my trip to Honduras, and decided that I would sum up my trip with you all.

Our first work day was... well not what I expected at all, all we did was shovel buckets of sand and carry them up a hill to where the house was being built. It wouldn't have been so bad, but the local volunteers would have full buckets of sand and carry them with ease and then make a little joke when one of us tried to do the same thing, and did not succeed. For about three days after this work day we were all very sore, but luckily that was the only time we were sore.

In our free time we would sometimes walk to the Internet Cafe, it was about a ten minute walk, to write in our blog and send e-mails to friends and family. We would usually read, write in our journals or take a nap after a hard work day.

Some things that I will miss are the lush scenery, friendly people, a new culture, and knowing that I am helping people. But I will not miss putting bug spray on before I go to bed and then again when I wake up and the lack of running water.

If I am ever given another opportunity to visit another country to do a mission trip, I will definitely do it, and I recommend that you should too if given the chance,

No comments:

Post a Comment